[gmx-users] Installing gromacs from git

Sai Pooja saipooja at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 01:57:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

I had used the following steps to install a git version of gromacs.  It
installed correctly and I have been using it for a while. However, even
though I didnt install the parallel version, when I use mdrun it runs in
parallel. Is installation in the parallel mode by default? Is there a way to
use it without parallelization?

 301  cd gromacs
 302  ls
 303  export CPPFLAGS="-I/fs/home/sm868/fftw-3.2.2/include"
 304  export LDFLAGS="-L/fs/home/sm868/fftw-3.2.2/lib"
 305  clear
 306  ls
 307  ./configure --help
 308  ./configure --prefix=/fs/home/sm868/gromacsnew
 309  make &>log
 310  ls
 311  jmacs log
 312  grep "error" log