[gmx-users] Re: Frozen N2 in a very long tube

Vitaly Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 20:05:17 CEST 2010

1. You may use any thermostat you like.

2. The particle fixation procedure and the temperature coupling
procedure are located in the different branches of the code and are
independent. When one procedure applies thermostat, it does not know
that another kills all the velocities of the nanotube carbons. In
fact, the completely fixed particle will have a temperature of ZERO,
but formally you write two separate groups to couple anyway. Your
"ref_t" for the CNT is insignificant here.

Good luck!

Vitaly