[gmx-users] HA1/HA2 chirality of GLY

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun Jul 11 20:14:02 CEST 2010

Dear Ehud:

A quick google search turned up:
http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/ref_info/atom_nom.tbl

# A.A.		BMRB	SC	PDB	UCSF	MSI	XPLOR	SYBYL*	MIDAS*	DIANA
G		HA2	pro-R	1HA	HA1	HA1	HA2	HA2		HA1
G		HA3	pro-S	2HA	HA2	HA2	HA1	HA1		HA2

So by PDB convention the pro-R hydrogen is 1HA and the pro-S hydrogen is 2HA.

But I would never trust any .gro or .pdb file. I have done this in the
past and have always just done a chirality calculation on the structure.

Chris.