[gmx-users] amber/charmm force field and HB lifetime at low temperature

Ramachandran G gtrama at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 21:59:02 CEST 2010

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for your reply. I used charmm forcefield to study a solvated
protein using TIP5P water model applying NVT ensemble. I did hydrogen-bond
correlation function to understand the diffusivity of water near the
protein. At 300K the result
came out fine and comparable with the literature data but at 200K the result
is not fine. I have attached the result
at 200K, please find in the attachment. There you can see within 1ps there
is very sharp decrease in the decay.
I do not know why it is happening!  Even at room temperature this result is
wrong. Can you help me in the regard.
Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Rama