[gmx-users] to visualise protein conformation after every 1ns

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 10:13:54 CEST 2010

Sonali,

Why wouldn't it be correct if you did just what David told you to do? And
how would you be able to check yourself whether you were correct? We can't
hold your hand here for every step you make. Have you already gone through
the tutorial material linked on the Gromacs website? If not, please do so.
In any case, try to feel more confident about yourself. You made it to
academia already, didn't you?

Cheers,

Tsjerk

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:58 AM, sonali dhindwal <
sonali11dhindwal at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hello Sir,
> Thanks for the reply,
> I tried to run this commad on a simuation which I started to ran for 10
> ns,and has already completed around 3 ns
> I gave
> trjconv -o 1ns.pdb -dt 1000 -s topol.tpr -f traj.xtc -sep
>
> after this it asked for selecting which one I want among, System,
> protein,bacakbone,c-alpha etc, I selected system, and the output is three
> files, namely
> 1ns0.pdb
> 1ns1.pdb
> 1ns2.pdb
> 1ns3.pdb
>
> Am I doing it correct ?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Sonali Dhindwal

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.

post-doctoral researcher
Molecular Dynamics Group
Groningen Institute for Biomolecular Research and Biotechnology
University of Groningen
The Netherlands