[gmx-users] Charge grps and cut-off

Sai Pooja saipooja at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 13:39:39 CEST 2010

Thanks Justin. How about note 3?

The largest charge group contains 12 atoms.
  Since atoms only see each other when the centers of geometry of the charge
  groups they belong to are within the cut-off distance, too large charge
  groups can lead to serious cut-off artifacts.
  For efficiency and accuracy, charge group should consist of a few atoms.
  For all-atom force fields use: CH3, CH2, CH, NH2, NH, OH, CO2, CO, etc.

This note reappears no matter what the parameter file has. Does this mean I
need to make changes in my top file or define charge groups?

Pooja