[gmx-users] g_sas for martini coarse-grained particles

Sanku M msanku65 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 01:59:05 CEST 2010

Hi,
   I am trying to estimate the solvent accessible surface area of  hydrophobic
tails of  a martini DPPC  lipid bilayer . I was going to use g_sas for that.
But, I observe that this tool gets the vanderwal radii from vdwradii.dat file.
But, since the particles in the martini lipids are united-atom types, I was
wondering what will be a reasonable radius to use for hydrophobic tail particles
of a martini lipid ?

Thanks
Sanku