[gmx-users] Fatal error: No such moleculetype Cl

Abhinav Verma xrules at live.com
Mon Jul 26 08:58:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

  I am getting the following error. The ions.itp is included and I am using gromacs 4.0.5 with opls-aa and I included the Cl ion using genion. What am I doing wrong??

back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.11#
checking input for internal consistency...
processing topology...
Opening library file /opt/programs/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/ffoplsaa.itp
Opening library file /opt/programs/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/ffoplsaanb.itp
Opening library file /opt/programs/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/ffoplsaabon.itp
Generated 332520 of the 332520 non-bonded parameter combinations
Generating 1-4 interactions: fudge = 0.5
Generated 332520 of the 332520 1-4 parameter combinations
Opening library file /opt/programs/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/spc.itp
Opening library file /opt/programs/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/ions.itp
Excluding 3 bonded neighbours molecule type 'Protein_A'
Excluding 2 bonded neighbours molecule type 'SOL'

Program grompp, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: toppush.c, line: 1641

Fatal error:
No such moleculetype Cl