[gmx-users] position restraints

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jun 3 15:00:36 CEST 2010

abdullah ahmed wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to restrain my molecule to a specific position in space. I
> would like for certain atoms to lie on the y-axis. To do this I used
> the following code/lines in my .top file:
>
> [ position restraints ]

This is an incorrect directive.  It should be position_restraints.

> 2 1 1000 0 1000 ;
> 3 1 1000 0 1000 ;
> 4 1 1000 0 1000 ;
> 5 1 1000 0 1000 ;
> 6 1 1000 0 1000 ;
> 7 1 1000 0 1000 ;
> 8 1 1000 0 1000 ;
> 9 1 1000 0 1000 ;
>
> Unfortunately, after minimization my file contained the molecule in the
> same position as when the restraints were not applied.
>
> Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Perhaps the directive name is an issue, although I think grompp should have
raised a warning of some sort.  Otherwise, is this block within the appropriate
[moleculetype] in the topology?  Is it under control of an #ifdef block that you
haven't invoked in the .mdp file?

-Justin

> Thanks in advance,
> Abdullah

> Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up
> now. <https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969>

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar