[gmx-users] position restraints

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jun 3 15:22:08 CEST 2010

abdullah ahmed wrote:
> Thank you for your reply,
>
> I have been using [ position_restraints ], I do not know why it came out
> that way in the mail.
> I agree with you, the problem probably comes from the position the code
> lies in inside the .top file. I put it at the end of the file because I
> thought that was the way it was supposed to be done. Perhaps this is
> incorrect.

That is incorrect.  The position restraints must belong to the [moleculetype] of
the species to be restrained.  Once you #include a new molecule, you start a new
[moleculetype] entry and the position restraints belong to it.  Putting it at
the very end of a file probably has no effect whatsoever on any of the species
in your system.

-Justin