[gmx-users] position restraints

abdullah ahmed abdullah_renk_ahmed at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 16:48:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

Sorry to bother you again, but I am new to gromacs and many theings don't make sense yet.
I have tried reading the manual but I do not understand what you mean by "Note how the automatically-generated "posre.itp" file is #included at
the end of the Protein_A moleculetype, *before* any other
molecules are introduced. You have to do the same with any new #include statements or
directives you add."

I tried using #include in front of my code for [position_restraints] but that just gives an error. So I suppose that isn't what you mean.
Furthermore, in section 5.7.1 of the manual pg110 an example topology file called urea.top is shown. there is no include there.

In this example .top file they just seem to have added the position restraints they want after the dihedrals. This approach does not seem to be working for me and I can not understand why.

Thank you again for your help,
Abdullah