[gmx-users] FES and FE molecule topology

Kukol, Andreas a.kukol at herts.ac.uk
Sat Jun 5 20:50:05 CEST 2010

Including Fe2+ should not be very difficult, look at the definitions for Cu2+ or others in ffG53a6.nb or any other forcefield you want to use. You need to find the correct Lennard-Jones parameters C6 and C12 and then validate your model.

I am not sure, what the FES molecule is, but developing a topology for molecules is more difficult than for single atoms. Have a look at the Gromacs help section:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization

Best wishes
Andreas