[gmx-users] Re: Simulation with CsCl

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 9 16:13:36 CEST 2010

sonali dhindwal wrote:
> Hello All ,
> I am also trying to simulate my protein with Mn ion present in it.
> So can I create the topology entry for Mn ion similar  to MG2+ ion ? and
> how can I get the values of C6 and C12 leonard jones potential in [atom
> type] entry and will it be required to add [nonbond_params] also ? how
> can I get them ?
>
> Also I want to use Fe2+ also, but it  is also not included in gromos
> force field. This problem of adding other ions and molecule in the
> system always remains. And being new to this field, can someone suggest
> in simple terms how to include these considering the person is not an
> expert in this field.

Please consult the link I posted yesterday...

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization

What you're trying to do is far from trivial.  Understand that parameterization,
especially for transition metals, is very challenging, and standard molecular
mechanics treatment of such species suffers from many limitations, which may or
may not influence your results.

-Justin

> Please help.
>
> --