[gmx-users] GROMACS on CYGWIN

Vasilii Artyukhov darth.vasya at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 00:03:21 CEST 2010

Also, use the 'nice' command to run gmx at high priority, and switch off CPU
frequency scaling. For me, cygwin performance is pretty much the same as
that on linux, which is to be expected since most of the code isn't
dependent on system calls. Apparently, the only difference you should be
able to see is in disk I/O, but you don't want to I/O too frequently anyway.