[gmx-users] Re: GROMACS on CYGWIN

Vitaly Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 11:49:32 CEST 2010

> I was wondering whether GROMACS on CYGWIN is less capable than GROMACS run on LINUX?
>  i.e.
> concerning its speed and its ability to simulate larger macromolecules. I assume that it is faster, but is it very much different?
> I would be very grateful for your help.

There are no considerable differences between gromacs on CYGWIN and
LINUX, to my knowledge. If you are interested in running gromacs on
WINDOWS-desktop, I would also suggest to look at the systems based on
http://www.colinux.org/ kernel . My broad experience with them shows
they are very powerful to run both gromacs and (manifold)
visualizarion utitilies.

Good luck.

Dr. Vitaly Chaban