[gmx-users] FEP for amino acid mutations.

Matteo De Chiara matnamo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 12:04:52 CEST 2010

Dear GROMACS users,
I would like to perform a FEP calculation mutating a residue outside
the active site of a protein.
I was wondering if I have to create a .itp file for the mutation or it
is possible to modify the .rtp file ( adding the state B parameter to
the amino acid I would like to change). Of course, in this case, I
will create a new amino acid type identical to the one I would like to
mutate in order to act only on the amino acid in a specific position.

Thanks for your help!

matteo

--

Ph.D. Student