[gmx-users] Temperature decreasing with NVE MARTINI lipid simulation

Michael Lerner mglerner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 04:44:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

I want to run some MARTINI DPPC/water simulations using the microcanonical
(NVE) ensemble.

I ran a long NVT simulation to make sure things were fully equilibrated.
Then I took the .gro file as input and removed the temperature/pressure
coupling options from my .mdp file. I also removed the
center-of-mass-removal options. Unfortunately, the temperature decreases
rather quickly from 323K to below 200K. I've included my .mdp file below. Is
there something obviously wrong with it? If not, are there other things I
should try?

Thanks,

-Michael

P.S. I recently changed the email address that I use to subscribe to
gmx-users. My apologies if this gets sent to the list twice as part of that.

Pcoupl = no
DispCorr = No
gen_vel = no
integrator = md