[gmx-users] Energy minimization: problems with ramachanrad score

Lucio Ricardo Montero Valenzuela lucioric at ibt.unam.mx
Thu Jun 17 06:41:14 CEST 2010

The implicit water models were built in a time when computing time was limiting
because of the computing power if this epoch. But now is feasible to do
simulations with explicit water. Maybe one should argue that at the first
minimization of a protein waterbox the waters are not in the natural position,
but there is not a natural position for a water, there is an ensemble of
positions that we can explore with a MD. Minimization is to remove severe
clashes between atoms, but the prediction of an homology model should end with
an MD, and then one can get an average structure and minimize it, to get the
homology model.
Best regards.
Lucio Montero
PhD. student
Insituto de Biotecnologia, UNAM, Mexico

--
Lucio Ricardo Montero Valenzuela
Estudiante de doctorado en Ciencias Bioquímicas