[gmx-users] Openings for talented programmers/postdocs who'd like to work on simulations

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Sat Jun 19 23:16:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

We try not to do too many announcements on this list, but since there are a fair number of finishing PhDs/postdocs subscribing and we've found great talent before I figured it would be stupid not to mention it at least !

I'm looking for 2 talented postdocs/staff/programmers to join our growing team in Stockholm, starting this fall or later.

There are three main projects where we're looking for more manpower, and it will be possible to be involved in both as well as your own and the group's research on membrane proteins:

1. Stream computing. As you might have seen, Gromacs-4.5 will support GPUs, but this will grow much more with multi-node parallelization in the near future.

2. We are just embarking on a 3-year project to enable "exascaling" molecular simulation by trying to use tens of thousands (or more) processors for parallel adaptive simulation, in order to have life science applications make use of the largest machines in the world.

3. Finally, we have an opening for an "application expert" in molecular simulations in collaboration with our local supercomputing center. To 50% this position will consist of long-term project support for Gromacs, while the other 50% is spend on concrete research projects in our group. There is a reasonably large chance this could turn into a _permanent_ staff position.

Interested? Drop me a line and tell us a bit about yourself, what you're interested in (postdoc/programmer/staff), and what your plans look like time-wise! I'll be happy to tell you more about the work.

Cheers,

Erik

Erik Lindahl <lindahl at cbr.su.se>
Professor, Computational Structural Biology
Center for Biomembrane Research & Swedish e-Science Research Center
Department of Biochemistry & Biophysics, Stockholm University
Tel: +468164675 Cell: +46703844534