[gmx-users] Installing gromacs from git

Sai Pooja saipooja at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 14:07:57 CEST 2010

For future reference, I was able to install gromacs and this is what finally
worked - installing gromacs in a folder different than the untared. It
somehow helped to not create the folder but just directly using the name in
the prefix

  301  cd gromacs
  302  ls
  303  export CPPFLAGS="-I/fs/home/sm868/fftw-3.2.2/include"
  304  export LDFLAGS="-L/fs/home/sm868/fftw-3.2.2/lib"
  305  clear
  306  ls
  307  ./configure --help
  308  ./configure --prefix=/fs/home/sm868/gromacsnew
  309  make &>log
  310  ls
  311  jmacs log
  312  grep "error" log
  313  grep "Error" log
  314  make install

I got the msg - GROMACS is installed under /fs/home/sm868/gromacsnew.
Make sure to update your PATH and MANPATH to find the
programs and unix manual pages, and possibly LD_LIBRARY_PATH
or /etc/ld.so.conf if you are using dynamic libraries.

Thanks for the help.

*One question - There is already another version of gromacs installed in the
/usr/local so I used a different directory to install it. Now do I need to
use "make links"?*
*
*
Pooja