[gmx-users] Re: Exact run continuation

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jun 21 00:57:03 CEST 2010

I must remind you again that I am not your private tutor.  Post all
Gromacs-related questions on the gmx-users list.

teklebrh at ualberta.ca wrote:
> Dear Justine,
>
> if I want to restart my simulation (gromacs 3.3.3) do I need to
> re-define the "init" and " init_step" respectively.For example if I run
> my simulation for one nanosecond, is this the correct way to re-start
> again for another one second.
>
> My .mdp file
> ; Start time and timestep in ps
> tinit = ???
> dt = 0.002
> nsteps = 500000
> ; For exact run continuation or redoing part of a run
> init_step = ????
>
> what do I need to fill these XXX to make sure that I did not lose
> informations.

If you want to use grompp, then tinit corresponds to the start time of the new
run, and likewise for init_step (the step that starts the new period of time).

It's probably far easier to just use tpbconv...

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Extending_Simulations#Version_3.3.3_and_Before

-Justin

> Thank you Justine.

Justin A. Lemkul