[gmx-users] Questions about g_sham

Warren Gallin wgallin at ualberta.ca
Wed Jun 23 20:11:13 CEST 2010

Justin,

	Yes, in order to use the implemented free energy method, the end-to-end distance has to be treated like a constraint, creating a closed ring of constraints, which on some rare occasions leads to an instability and the system blows up.

	I think that my best move is to write a little script that creates a free energy landscape for 1 dimension only.  Now that I've got g_sham figured out, this simple case should be straightforward (he said, invoking the wrath of the gods).

	Thanks for your insight.

Warren