[gmx-users] grompp fatal error Unknown bond_atomtype

Peter Huwe pjhuwe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:12:24 CEST 2010

Thanks for the response, Chris.  And sorry that I was not detailed
enough earlier.  I've read through the manual several times, and I'm
familiar with all of the passages that you cited.  I am parameterizing
PtdIns4,5P2.  OSL is one of the atom types in it (it is a phosphate
ester oxygen).

OSL is in my atomtypes.atp file.

OSL is also in my .rtp file.  I have 6 OSL type atoms (named O1, O13,
OS1, OI1, O4P, & O5P), and each seems to be paired correctly in
accordance the rtp. format.

My problem is that I do not know the origin of the "Fatal error:
Unknown bond_atomtype OSL" error that grompp gave me.  Obviously there
is a problem with one of my files, but which one?  The .atp, the .rtp,
the bon.itp???  I've never received this particular error before. Any
guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter