[gmx-users] Optimizing system size by moving from rectangular to hexagonal cells

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Jun 25 10:12:10 CEST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: 张春雷 <chunleizhang.pku at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, June 25, 2010 18:06
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Optimizing system size by moving from rectangular to hexagonal cells
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>

> I think you may try "trjconv -ur".

I don't think that can work, because the OP needs to remove a subset of molecules, and trjconv -ur can't do that. I am not aware of any GROMACS tool that might serve the purpose. I suspect the only reasonable solutions are to equilibrate the hexagonal cell from scratch, or to write a script to apply the new unit cell boundaries, and then re-equilibrate.

Mark