[gmx-users] g_anaeig -proj

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 28 02:45:17 CEST 2010

Carla: Agreed that this can be confusing.

What you seem to want can be obtained with g_anaeig -filt

Nevertheless, What you get with -proj can also be very useful.

For a very quick overview: -filt will output a .xtc file that contains
only those motions that are along the selected EVs. Separately, -proj
can project the trajectory down into an N-dimensional space for N
selected EV's... I think that if you had followed the tutorial further
and made the xmgrace plot (with both 1st and 2ns EVs) as the tutorial
suggests, then you might have had a better chance to understand this
part.

###

Tsjerk: First, great tutorial, I hadn't seen this before. Second, you
might avoid this type of confusion by mentioning during the command:

g_anaeig -s ../topol.tpr -f ../traj.xtc -v eigenvectors.trr -eig
eigenvalues.xvg -proj proj-ev1.xvg -extr ev1.pdb -rmsf rmsf-ev1.xvg
-first 1 -last 1

that you care actually doing a few things at once... or perhaps
actually break the command apart into separate g_anaeig -proj and
g_anaeig -extr calls.

###

All: might it be a good idea to get the html addresses of nice
tutorials into the output messages of the analysis tools?

Chris