[gmx-users] different ref_t

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Tue Jun 29 16:45:37 CEST 2010

Can you please supply gen_temp and also your pressure coupling values?
Also, please supply the g_energy values that show the temperatures
changing as you suggest (with accompanying timestep info).

I'm fairly sure that what is happening is that you are simply seeing
the nose-hoover oscillations (possibly coupled to your pressure
coupling fluctuations) and since your CHCl3 is presumably very small
then you see a larger effect on it.

I'd suggest doing a few tests: 1. Increase tau_t to 0.1 or perhaps 0.4
(I don't use nose-hoover, but your value seems small). 2. Run longer
and see if it is indeed a fluctuation and not just a trend to zero. 3.
Why not try the SD integrator?

And a PS that I'm simply assuming that you know what you're doing with
2 different temperatures since you didn't ask for advice on that part.

Chris.