[gmx-users] Pull code

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 30 18:51:51 CEST 2010

Gavin Melaugh wrote:
> Hi Justin
>
> Thanks. If I use the pull_geometry = direction I would go for the
> following jus t to pull the molecules together in the z direction.
>
> pull        = umbrella
> pull_geometry = direction
> pull_start = yes
> pull_ngroups = 1
> pull_group0 = cage_1
> pull_group1 = cage_2
> pull_vec1 = 0.0 0.0 -1.0
> pull_rate1 = 0.01
> pull_k1 = 1000
>

> Does this seem reasonable? Also in the pull_rate what is meant by the

Probably.  Try it.

> 'rate of change of the reference position'? (Is it the position of the
> reference group, if so what if I don't want it to change?)

It is the rate of change of the reference position, which is the position at the
outset of the simulation.  Your objective is to pull your two species together,
right?  I don't see why you wouldn't want it to change.  You're not changing
anything about pull_group0 (your reference group), since you aren't setting
pull_rate0.  Everything is applied to pull_group1 (hence _rate1, _k1, etc).

-Justin

> Cheers
>
> Gavin

Justin A. Lemkul