[gmx-users] LINCS vs SHAKE

Sai Pooja saipooja at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 00:23:25 CET 2010

Some information:
Except for this note, I do not get any other warning when I generate the
.tpr files. The cut-offs are in line with the forcefield recommendations and

The largest charge group contains 12 atoms.
  Since atoms only see each other when the centers of geometry of the charge
  groups they belong to are within the cut-off distance, too large charge
  groups can lead to serious cut-off artifacts.
  For efficiency and accuracy, charge group should consist of a few atoms.
  For all-atom force fields use: CH3, CH2, CH, NH2, NH, OH, CO2, CO, etc

@JJ

I am currently using Nose-hoover and it does happen close to a
replica-exchange. Since I am attempting an algorithm which only scales the
temperature of the protein and not the solvent across replicas, your pointer
on the thermostat seems very pertinent.

Do you think a weaker coupling algo like Berendsen might help resolve this
problem?

I can also try using a smaller temperature range. I am currently using
300-900K (with solvent set at 300 for all 6 replicas). Perhaps if I use a
smaller temperature range like 300-550, this could be prevented?

Pooja