Res: [gmx-users] Standard Procedures to perform MD under High Temperature 498 K, either NVT or NTP ?

Ricardo O. S. Soares ross_usp at yahoo.com.br
Wed Nov 3 12:59:46 CET 2010

    Hello Lin, do you know this article?
    It's simple and has a fairly detailed section of the high temperature
methods. It should be a good start.

>Are there any standard procedures to perform High temperature - MD simulation?
>Where can I find the standard procedures?

    I think one of the main issues you have to mind in a high T MD, is the
explicit solvent. It is possible to mantain the water liquid under a normal

    pressure even at 498K, I'll search my files for the article that reviews
this stuff.

    What water model are you using?

>At 498K, protein is cooked.
>Under NPT, the water evaporated. => so,   turn on pressure coupling with a
>(very) high pressure to keep the water molecules.
>Under NVT, the pressure increased dramatically.
>So, to run MD simulations under the high temperature means to run the MD
>simulation under high pressure at the same time?
>

>But, I did read one paper that the authors performed the MD simulation under
>high temperature and high pressures separately
>
>and further discuss the effect the high temperature and the high pressures on
>protein separately.
>

>Thank you
>Lin

Ricardo.

---
 Ricardo O. S. Soares , PhD Student.
Group of Biological Physics - Department of Physics & Chemistry
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences at Ribeirão Preto - University of São Paulo.
Av.do Café, S/N - ZIP:14040-903 - Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo,  Brazil.
Phone: +55 16 36024840.

Curriculum Lattes:http://lattes.cnpq.br/0777038258459931
ross_usp at yahoo.com.br,rsoares at fcfrp.usp.br