[gmx-users] problem in executing genbox command

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Nov 6 08:46:32 CET 2010

On 6/11/2010 4:02 PM, bharat gupta wrote:
> Hi all ,
>
> Whenever i am running the genbox command I am getting the following
> error  :-
>

> genbox -cp 1AKI_newbox.gro -cs spc216.gro -o 1AKI_solv.gro -p topol.top
>
>                          :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:
>
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The most likely scenario is some shared library is not available when it
should be. That means the environment in which you ran the above command
is different from the one in which GROMACS was built. That means
most/all GROMACS commands will fail. A possibility is that there's a bug
in GROMACS, but I doubt it. Do other GROMACS commands, or other genbox
runs work?

Mark