[gmx-users] Re: g_hbond modification

Robin C. Underwood rcunderw at purdue.edu
Mon Nov 8 22:10:15 CET 2010

Thanks for the prompt reply Justin, but I'm still not convinced that I can
extract the information I seek from the g_hbond program without modification.

I realize this wasn't clear in my initial message: I would like to know how many
OH donors are not participating in ANY hydrogen bonds.

If I calculate the number of non-hydrogen bound OH donors as the difference
between the number of pairs that meet the distance requirement, and the actual
number of hydrogen bonds (column 3 minus column 2 in hbnum), then I would be
over-counting, as this does not exclude pairs with OH donors that are also
included in a hydrogen bond with another O acceptor.

Robin

--
Robin C. Underwood
Chemistry Department