[gmx-users] problem with g_density

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 9 15:04:14 CET 2010

Is it though? There were actually two problems in g_density. I saw the
list of fixes previously and it only says "Fixed normalization of
g_density using only the last frame". To me, this reads like somebody
fixed the most trivial problem (now dividing by the NPT averaged
volume instead of the volume from the last frame) and not the problem
with fact that the histogram boxes are placed from the minimal
coordinate and moving up along z with a constant width. The proper fix
to this would be to ignore some values below and above a range in z
that is either predefined or automatically determined. I have my own
fixed version of g_density that does this, but I'm hesitant to
distribute it because I did things like hard code this range.

Berk, can you comment?

Chris.

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 9 14:53:14 CET 2010