[gmx-users] Fw: mpirun

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 9 20:43:51 CET 2010

fahimeh baftizadeh wrote:

>     sorry I forgot to add that the random seed for the velocity is the
>     same in all the tprs and the random seed for the thermostat is also
>     the same.
>     and if I redo the simulation with only one processor, the results
>     are always identical. but not with more than one.
>
>     Do you think is it due to the comunication of the processors together?!
>     Thanks

You will find some useful material here:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Reproducibility

There are also several relevant discussions in the list archive.  You can try to
force some measure of reproducibility with mdrun -reprod.  MD is chaotic, so any
small change can cause a big difference down the road, so to speak.

-Justin

>     Fahimeh

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate