[gmx-users] Re: GB-polarization

Christian Mücksch muecksch at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Nov 9 23:45:28 CET 2010

But in order to get the complete solvation free energy these
calculations for the van der Waals and cavity terms have to be done.
So does that mean that the solvation free energy calculated by default
without specifying "sa_algorithm=Ace-approximation" is missing these terms?

I thought that the ACE-type approximation is done by default (due to the
manual) when using GBSA.

Kind regards,
Christian

Christian Mücksch wrote:

> >  Thanks for the clarification but I can't find anything in the .log or
> >  .edr-files that would correspond to the non-polar solvation energy.

I think you have to set "sa_algorithm=Ace-approximation" for this calculation to
be done, and thus written.

-Justin

> >  Christian Mücksch
> >  Department of Physics
> >  TU Kaiserslautern
> >  Erwin Schrödinger Straße
> >  67663 Kaiserslautern
> >  Germany
> >
> >  Phone: +49 (0)631 205 4287
> >  Fax:   +49 (0)631 205 4965
> >  Email:muecksch at rhrk.uni-kl.de

Candidate ICTAS Doctoral Scholar MILES-IGERT Trainee Department of
Biochemistry Virginia Tech Blacksburg, VA jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540)
231-9080 http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin