[gmx-users] Re: GB-polarization

Per Larsson per.larsson at sbc.su.se
Wed Nov 10 10:49:09 CET 2010

Hi!

Sorry for the confusion here. Justin is right. In versions before 4.5.2, the non-polar solvation calculation was done regardless of the sa_algorithm setting.
In 4.5.2, this has to be specified explicitly using the setting Ace-approximation, to get the complete solvation free energy.

Also, the value of sa_surface_tension was set automatically in versions up to 4.5.1. In 4.5.2, this is also the case as long as it is set to -1 in the mdp-file. Setting it to 0 means no non-polar calculation is done, and setting it to something else (but non-zero) will override the default values (eg. those that were always used in 4.5.1)

Again, sorry for the confusion.

I will update the manual to make this more clear.

/Per

Skickat från min iPhone