[gmx-users] Re: which force file has parameters for creatine md simulations?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Nov 10 18:19:19 CET 2010

Olga Ivchenko wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have created creating topology file using  *prodrg_beta (using gromos
> 96 ff) <http://davapc1.bioch.dundee.ac.uk/cgi-bin/prodrg_beta>*. When I
> am trying to run energy minimization it writes an error:

Please consider carefully the caveats about PRODRG noted here (second paragraph):

http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/Related_Software/PRODRG#Tips

> Syntax error - File creatine.top, line 19
> Last line read:
> '[ moleculetype ]'
> Invalid order for directive moleculetype
>
> I looked at previoust mailing lists according this problem. I can not
> find direct answer.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors#Invalid_order_for_directive_defaults

Somehow you've cut and pasted such that you've got a [moleculetype] directive
out of order.

> I tried to add this line in the topology file
>
> #include "ffG43a1.ff/DRGGMX.itp"
>
> An again an error:Fatal error:
> Topology include file "ffG43a1.ff/DRGGMX.itp" not found

Then either the file doesn't exist or isn't within the search path grompp is trying.

-Justin

> Please can you advice me on this.
>

> Yours sincerely,
>
> Olga