[gmx-users] DSSP error

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Nov 10 19:02:25 CET 2010

ahmet yıldırım wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please tell me which step is wrong:(
>
> 1.step-root at ab-desktop:/home/ab/Desktop# tar xvzf dsspcmbi.tar.gz
> 2.step-root at ab-desktop:/home/ab/Desktop/dssp# cp dsspcmbi dssp
> 3.step-root at ab-desktop:/home/ab/Desktop/dssp# mv dssp /usr/local/bin
> 4.step-root at ab-desktop:/home/ab/Desktop/dssp# export DSSP=/usr/local/bin

Your environment variable is wrong.  Please read about the proper way to set it:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Gromacs_Utilities/do_dssp

Although, if you've got dssp in /usr/local/bin, that's the default location
where do_dssp expects it, so there is no need to set the DSSP environment
variable at all.

Perhaps your issue is permission?  Or you the dssp executable isn't actually
executable (i.e., you haven't chmod +x dssp)?

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar