[gmx-users] water molecules (interfacial)

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Nov 13 15:00:34 CET 2010

atila petrosian wrote:
> Dear Justin
>
> are you sure g_dist -dist give me what I need. if so, how?
>
> since, dist.xvg gives distance vs time and lifetime.xvg gives number of
> contact vs time. while, I want number of water molecules (interfacial)
> to be within 2.4 A distance from both the protein and the ligand during
> simulation. also, exact numeration of each water being in interface
> between protein and ligand.

If you've only obtained dist.xvg, then you haven't used the -dist flag, which is
a separate command line argument.  Please see g_dist -h.  I think g_select is
probably the better tool, but its lack of documentation at the moment makes it
very difficult to use.  I think g_dist will provide you a suitable alternative.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee