[gmx-users] GFP chromophore topology help

Ramachandran G gtrama at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 21:32:04 CET 2010

Thank you, Justin..

I added the all the needed connectivity for GFP chromophore in the
aminoacid.rtp(mentioned -C and +N to indicate the preceding and
following residue) and also defined the residue as "Protein" in
residuetypes.dat. For the non existing bond types, bond angles, proper
and improper dihedrals, i added newly in the file ffbonded.itp. Also
hydrogen atom connectivity are defined in the .hdb file.

The structure looks perfect after pdb2gmx but when i do minimization,
the atoms(N+ and C-) chromphore along with neighbouring residue
terminals are flying apart. So i don't know where i am making
mistakes.

Should i need to give information in the Termini database flie *.tdb ? or
Is this due to wrong force constant values?  or
Is my force field parameter has mistakes?

Thank your for you help.
Rama