[gmx-users] Using Charmm FF with implicit solvent on gromacs

Per Larsson per.larsson at sbc.su.se
Fri Nov 19 10:10:39 CET 2010

Hi!

Currently it is not possible to use GBSW in Gromacs.
As you noted, there are three GB-models available (Still,HCT,OBC),
that can be run using plain cutoffs (or no cutoffs at all, using the optimized all-vs-all kernels).

Currently there is unfortunately no work being done to extend the range of implicit solvent models available.
However, we have had some promising results with the combination of CHARMM FF + CMAP + OBC, as discussed in the 2010 JCTC paper.

Cheers
/Per