[gmx-users] mpdboot and mpirun hangs (not crashing)

X Rules xrules at live.com
Fri Nov 19 18:10:16 CET 2010

I am trying to check some of these issues.
thanks for your help

Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 03:38:08 +1100
From: Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] mpdboot and mpirun hangs (not crashing)

    Message body

    On 20/11/2010 2:57 AM, X Rules wrote:

      Hi,

       I am trying to run my production run with mpirun and this hangs
      (basically stop writing any files). The processes continue to run
      without any output.

       I have to kill and restart which again hangs after some time.

       Does anyone have any problems with this?

       what I am doing is

      mpdboot -n 1 -f NODEFILE

      nohup mpirun -np 12
        mdrun_mpi -v -deffnm protein-prod &

      what could have been going wrong here?? What could I try

    Probably something about your MPI installation, or perhaps network
    file system, is poorly configured, but it's impossible for us to
    guess better with the information we have. You should try different
    things and see what works and what does not.

gmx-users mailing list    gmx-users at gromacs.org
Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting!