[gmx-users] find the relevant structure out

#ZHAO LINA# ZHAO0139 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Mon Nov 22 04:12:04 CET 2010

do_dssp -f traj.xtc -s topol.tpr -o ss.xpm

trjconv -s topol.tpr -f traj.xtc -o protein.pdb -pbc nojump

Took several frames, here, such as model 1000, model 3000 and model 5000, and named as 1000.pbd, 3000.pdb and 5000.pdb

pymol 3000.pdb

intra_fit protein and (name c,n,ca)

show cartoon

all the way from "you are looking at the wrong files", to "pymol's definition of a beta sheet doesn't agree with dssp".

what are those files I should have looked for, and how could I find a better way to show those beta-sheet out?

Thanks,

lina