[gmx-users] find the relevant structure out

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 24 08:19:00 CET 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: #ZHAO LINA# <ZHAO0139 at e.ntu.edu.sg>
Date: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 17:52
Subject: RE: [gmx-users] find the relevant structure out
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answering.
>
> Due to the difference in assignment, so I wonder which one I
> should build a bit much more faith on?
>
> I read (by eyes) the ss.xpm produced by do_dssp, and find the
> relevant resi out which showed as beta-sheet, but in pymol, it's
> really so standard alpha-helix, when I tried "alter" in pymol to
> show the beat-sheet as the way Justine mentioned in early email,
> it's really look weird.

It's rather more likely that you're comparing two different (parts of) structures, than one secondary structure algorithm assigns sheet and one assigns helix to the same part of the same structure. Is the residue/atom numbering consistent. What does do_dssp say about the frame you cut out to give to pymol?

Mark