[gmx-users] installation

Rossella Noschese noschese.rossella at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 16:04:05 CET 2010

Hi all, I'm trying to install gromacs.4.5.3 on fedora 13.
I followed the instruction on the website, I completed my make install and
this was the output:
  GROMACS is installed under /usr/local/gromacs.
Make sure to update your PATH and MANPATH to find the
programs and unix manual pages, and possibly LD_LIBRARY_PATH
or /etc/ld.so.conf if you are using dynamic libraries.

Please run "make tests" now to verify your installation.

If you want links to the executables in /usr/local/bin,
you can issue "make links" now.

Since I understood I could set my environment later, I directly complete my
make links.
Then I added in my .bashrc the line:
source /usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC.bash

and it was added to mi $PATH and also my $MANPATH seems to be right
(/usr/local/gromacs/share/man:)

When I type GMXRC in the shell it comes:
[Rossella at topolone ~]$ GMXRC
/usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC: line 35: return: can only `return' from a
function or sourced script
/usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC: line 44: CSH:: command not found
/usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC.csh: line 8: syntax error near unexpected token
`setenv'
/usr/local/gromacs/bin/GMXRC.csh: line 8: `if (! $?LD_LIBRARY_PATH) setenv
LD_LIBRARY_PATH ""'

Is there anyone that could help me?