=?x-gbk?Q?=BB=D8=B8=B4=A3=BA_=5Bgmx-users=5D_How_to_?= =?x-gbk?Q?save_the_coordinates_of_all_atoms_in_the_2D-ar?= =?x-gbk?Q?rays_using_xdrfile=3F?=

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 30 02:08:15 CET 2010

On 30/11/2010 11:10 AM, Ó¢ÐÛ²»ÔÙ¼Åį wrote:
> Dear Mark,
> Thank you for your reply. It seems reasonable to deal with a frame at
> one time. But in my code, the coordinates in two different frames are
> frequently required to compare to each other. Other part of this code
> is like g_msd which calculates the mean-squared displacements for the
> atoms satisfied with the conditions. So, first of all, I had better
> save the coordinates in the 2D-arrays using xdrfile. I do not find
> such a tool in gmx that can realize it. Is there any other algorithms
> to do so more effectively? Please provide more detail about it.

You'll have fewer headaches if you build your arrays as
position[frame][atom][axisdirection] i.e. of rvec**. You'll also likely
get better cache performance than if you separate the x, y and z
coordinates, which you're likely to want to use together.

If you're doing an all-against-all analysis, you can structure that as
two loops over frames such that you only need two frames in memory at
any time. Likewise if you can determine the pairs of frames that need to
be analysed, and put them in a sorted list.

Mark