[gmx-users] changing the velocity in trajectory file

sreelakshmi ramesh sree.lakshmi at research.iiit.ac.in
Tue Nov 30 02:58:05 CET 2010

Basically i have been using a sampling method called FFS to calculate the
rate constant for folding  of a protein .The umbrella sampling done on the
system shows there is high barrier between the reac an prod states The phase
spece regions in ffs method  are divided in to many non -intersecting
interfaces along the reaction coordinate.i have started the simulation from
reactant region and ended up at a point in between the reactant and product
state The transition state is not attained so far.The simulation is stopped
between the transition state  and reactant .I have 100 such configuration
stored at that state.Now i have to select every config at that state at
random  amd it should start with the same velocity when it was stored at
that state and continue the simulation to reach the next state.so i am
reading the position and velocities of the con-fig from previously saved
trajectory of that con-fig.so since randomly if the same con fig s selected
twice the trajectory is the same which i don't want.
Thats why i have been seeking the help of ll the people here.Thanks a lot
for ur patient reply.

reagrds,
sree.