[gmx-users] g_select / Input error or input inconsistency

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 30 13:40:57 CET 2010

leila karami wrote:
> Dear Justin
>
> thanks for your attention.
>
> 1) my system consists of protein, dna, and water. In my .ndx file,
> protein-H is all of non hydrogen atoms of protein and dna. it is my
> nomination for .ndx file.

Providing this kind of information up front would have been useful.  It's also a
bad idea.  If "Protein-H" is actually all non-H protein and DNA atoms, you'll
never achieve what you want.  Use Gromacs' default group of Protein-H for what
you want to do.  Dealing with a single group of protein and DNA atoms (any
subset) does not allow for the type of selection you need.

> 2) I want to obtain number of water molecule which are simultaneously
> closer than 3 A° from protein and DNA/ /and not protein or dna./
> /

I understand your objective.  I stand by my previous comments.

-Justin

> /
> /
>

> --