[gmx-users] gromacs synaptic package manager

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Oct 1 22:46:18 CEST 2010

ahmet yıldırım wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed GROMACS 4.0.3 and MPI libraries using Ubuntu 9.04
> Synaptic Package Manager. What else should I do?
> I want to run a simulation in parallel on a single PC. Which commands
> should I enter the terminal?

If I were you, I would uninstall this version (which is outdated by nearly 2
years!) and get version 4.5.1.  Installing from source is quite easy.  Not only
will you benefit from hundreds of bug fixes and enhancements, but running in
parallel on a multi-core machine is no longer MPI-dependent, making it somewhat
easier.

For usage and instructions, see the manual and any of the numerous tutorials
linked here:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Tutorials#General

-Justin

> Thanks a lot for any instruction.