[gmx-users] gromacs synaptic package manager

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Oct 2 14:56:54 CEST 2010

ahmet yıldırım wrote:
> I can not pass to pdb2gmx. (can you look at the attached photo).

I think you need to spend some time understanding how Linux/Unix commands work.
  You're attempting to "cd pdb2gmx," and you're being told very clearly that
pdb2gmx is not a directory.  It's an executable, you can't cd into it.

Per the instructions I sent before, you need to either add the location of your
Gromacs installation to your PATH (in whatever shell configuration file, likely
.bashrc) or source GMXRC every time you log in to a new terminal.  Once your
Gromacs installation is recognized by your shell environment you can run all the
commands.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate