[gmx-users] Dispersion correction in a heterogeneous

Mikhail Stukan mstukan at slb.com
Mon Oct 4 10:44:12 CEST 2010

Berk,

Thank you very much for the answer. It was not clear from my post (sorry for that) but my main concern was indeed related to the inhomogeneity near the surfaces. I am not targeting complete quantitative agreement, but I would like to be save from "hidden" undesired qualitative effects. As far as I know, the dispersion correction contributes something like 2-5% to the surface tension value (depending on the cut-off). If I consider different salt concentrations then the inhomogeneity near the surface will be of different order (compare to the bulk). So taking into account your recommendation, long cut-off with no dispersion correction looks like a better option.

Thanks and regards,
Mikhail